Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Reasons to Homeschool

Wow, it's been over two years since I last posted here.  When starting our homeschool journey, I had intentions of blogging about our days, projects, trips, the advantages of homeschooling, and much more. And then the reality of homeschooling two children with a baby in the house, all while trying to make most meals from scratch, keep some order at home, create fun art, go on picnics, keep up with writing the Ugga Mugga blog and more became clear.  It wasn't going to happen. 

I certainly don't have any more free time now, what with three kids to homeschool, working 15-20 hours a week from home as a freelance writer, and still trying to keep up with everything else listed above, but, it's a new year and committing to this blog is something I'd like to make time for.  Plus, I've learned a few juggling techniques along the way that may help me find the time. 

I receive many questions about our homeschool journey from Ugga Mugga readers as well as friends and family...even strangers who begin the conversation by asking why the kids aren't in school.  And I love answering all of them and sharing our experiences! As the previous short-lived blog entries show, I was once curious about homeschooling but cautious to take that final leap.  But now, over three years later, we're having the time of our lives...and I can't believe I ever questioned if this was the right thing to do for my family! 

And so, I'd like to share our experiences with all of you...and document it all for my children as well!  Hopefully it'll be a pretty cool scrapbook.  And if I can help ease the worry about taking the plunge for other parents or grandparents, then I'll be very pleased!  Hopefully the reoccurring posts I have planned titled Reasons to Homeschool will help as well...and provide some humor. 

And so this new journey begins.  I'm happy you're joining us!

No comments:

Post a Comment