Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Homeschool ID Cards

I just found out that the state of Wisconsin is changing their system to register your child as home-educated. They used to do a triple-ply form but are now upgrading to an online registration page...that won't be available until the first week in September (although the first time I was told about this by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction it was supposed to be up and running by the first week of August).

Because I'm unable to file with the state of Wisconsin at this time, I'm unable to qualify for teacher discounts at our local Learning Shop store and other book stores. This got me thinking of other ways to start getting the discount sooner rather than later. So I Googled homeschool ID card and found this great site, Homeschool Buyers Co-op, where you can purchase or print (at home for free) ID cards for both home educators and homeschooled children that look like the sample one above.

I'm going to give this card a try this weekend at the local educator's shop...I'll let you know how it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment