Sunday, August 8, 2010

Never-Ending Summer

Today is a very rainy day, and according to the 7-day forecast, we're in for an entire week of the same. Luckily, we've truly made the most of our summer this year and the great weather Wisconsin has been gifted with. So taking this week off to stay inside will be restful and a welcome calm. I have a few art projects in mind to do with the kids and a couple of ideas of places to take them when we're going stir crazy.

I remember last week Sunday when I woke up and realized it was August already. I immediately felt a bit sad...like summer was coming to and end...and how I would miss it so. And then I remembered that was not the case for my family. Because of homeschooling, summer isn't over until we say it is! And the togetherness, flexibility and freedom summer provides, will actually be with us all year long! That is a very welcome thought for someone living in cold Wisconsin!

We can still hit the beach on hot September days and have picnics even in the snow.  I can't wait to discover all of the other opportunities homeschooling will give our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment